Why Doesn’t This Print under (Windows x.x)? One of several possibilities exist.
- You do not have your operating system configured correctly. This program is straight DOS based, and all output to printer is ASCII format.
- You are using a ” Win” Printer. This is a crippled piece of equipment which only accepts output from windows programs
- You are using a USB printer. The USB interface is not supported in DOS.
Why are you still using DOS? Although some think our programming is ” out-of-date” , no manufacture has changed the dimensions of a vehicle model since we have entered that data into this program! Further, the advantages of DOS (small, tight code) outweigh the advantages of converting to Windows (code bloat, larger file sizes, slower operation, more key strokes required) with no real advantages to be obtained by converting to Windows. Finally, the program works under all flavors of the windows operating system, as well as Linux, DOS, and Macintosh, which would not be true if we converted to Windows.
How do I run your software on a Mac? Two responses to this question in an e-mail group follow
- I switched to a MacBook Pro running VM Ware Fusion 2 with Windows XP pro. I wish I would have switched years ago! I am running all the programs you mention and more just fine. Not a single problem! Contact me off list if you have further questions, and
- I echo that, except I’m running XP Home under Parallels on a MacBook Air. Again, no issues.
Why does the program keep ” bombing” giving me an error? This most commonly happens when a folder, file, or group of files is copied off of a CD. To change the attributes so that you can read and write to those files, please download the PDF procedure document [1.7 MB] wihich walks you through the necessary steps.
What if I have no complaints or problems? Tell your friends, neighbors, attorneys, police departments, and vehicle sales dealers, so that they too can have a copy!