The condition of your tires is extremely important to your car safety when driving. Conditions on the road vary from place to place because of weather and other circumstances. It’s never a good idea to be on the road and have car troubles, especially with you tires. Let’s take a look at some tire safety tips you should always keep in mind when taking care of your automobile.
Tire Safety Tips
These can be overlooked due to our busy lives, but it is a must to make sure you always pay attention, so that you won’t have any trouble on the road, or you can be prepared for when something trivial happens.
- Rotate Tires – keep up with your tire rotation every 5,000-7,000 miles, so that your tires will wear at the same time.
- Check tire pressure – make sure to check your tire pressure, especially if a warning light comes on saying that the pressure is low. You can always keep a trusted tire pressure gage in your car, as well as an electric pump in case you have to blow up the tire.
- Check the tread depth – for keeping good traction on the road, check the tire tread. If it’s low, then it may be time to start looking for new tires. One indication of the tread depth being low is a “penny test”. Put a penny with Lincoln’s head directed downward into the tread groove over a wear bar. If you can see all of Lincoln’s head, it’s time to get new tires.
- Spare Tire – keep a spare tire in your trunk in case you are out on the road and happen to get a flat tire. Keep the right tools in your trunk as well, so you can quickly change the tire if you’re able to. Check the air pressure in your spare tire on a monthly basis. A flat spare is not what you want when you need to put it on the vehicle.
- Alignment – Usually auto shops will re-align your tires if you get them rotated or changed. But if you get a check-up with your car, make sure they check the alignment. It’s good to get your tires aligned because they can wear quicker if not aligned properly.
Car accidents are very common and taking care of your car’s condition and drivability will give you the safety you need on the road. Keeping up with your car’s maintenance should be a priority for you.
and 4N6XPRT Systems can provide you with the tools you need to perform auto accident reconstruction during lawsuits, criminal defense cases, insurance claims, etc. Contact us today at 619-464-3478!